- Start with individuals who you are already connected with
Make full use of all the networks that you’re associated with. This means current customers or clients, friends, family, religious affiliations, etc. Invite those individuals to “like” your page. Even leave a comment if they’ve used your goods or services. This will aid you in forming a solid network to further build upon.
- Let people know you’re there
Promote your Facebook business page anywhere it can visible or heard. The can include but not limited to menus, flyers, business cards, signs, television or radio advertisements and even t-shirts.
Now that people know you’re on Facebook, the most tedious part of Facebook is knowing what content to post to help or increase engagement. Constant Contact has provided solution- it’s called the 50-30-20 rule.
50-30-20 Rule as follows:
- 50% to get likes, shares, comments: entertain, invite conversation, ask questions, images and video
- 30% to be useful and informative: industry information, tricks and tip-What advice have people been asking you for lately?
- 20% to talk about your business: include calls to actions, but avoid phrases like “buy now”
Constant Contact also, suggest for Facebook posting a minimum of three times a week, but no more than ten times a week.
Now that content is covered, let’s move on to engagement. How do I get people involved?
- Make sure your post includes photos or videos
- Ask questions
- Find the best time to post on Facebook