Schedule to Instagram!
Stop those annoying reminders and get to scheduling already! Some of you may already be aware, but for those of you who aren’t, Instagram allows scheduled posts now!
As of January 30, 2018, social media scheduling companies have made the adjustment for businesses to schedule posts through tools rather than setting reminders to post at different times.
One small piece of advice we have for you is to make sure that the Instagram account you are utilizing for your posts is indeed an Instagram Business Profile. In order to ensure this, go to your profile page, under your name there should be a gear for your settings options; click that and simply tap the “Switch to Business Profile” tab. This will then prompt you with all the steps to get your Instagram page ready for scheduling.
So now that you are as happy as we are about having complete control over your scheduling tools, there are a few things to keep in mind when you schedule to your beloved Instagram profile:
- Size- Instagram sizing is made for mobile, so whatever tool you are using for graphic creation, be sure the dimensions are 800 x 800 pixels. Since you are so used to posting photos to Twitter and Facebook, you may need to adjust the sizing or make a duplicate copy so you have a version of your post that is compatible with Instagram.
- Hashtags- It’s okay to use hashtags on Instagram posts. We don’t recommend using any more than two at a time because some people can go hashtag crazy. Remember, hashtags are beneficial for contests, trends and engagement. If you are participating in a sponsored campaign or even which uses a hashtag to track engagement or participation, use it! Just don’t forget the reasoning behind your original post.
- Links- DO NOT POST LINKS IN YOUR INSTAGRAM CAPTIONS. Unfortunately, links are not click-able when they are placed in an Instagram post. The alternative here is keeping your company’s web link in your “about me” section of your Instagram profile. You can refer people to your profile link in your captions, but your post will look a little silly if it has a link that doesn’t work.
- Frequency- Instagram tends to be a low volume network. So this pretty much means you want better quality of posts rather than a bunch of spammy posts all at once. Keep it organized, keep it trendy and keep it together. Those are the posts, which receive the most engagement.
- Images- Instagram is a photo sharing platform, so you MUST post images! This is where the creatives thrive in the marketing world! Get some inspiration and make it your own.
If you’re not so sure about scheduling posts to Instagram yet, it’s okay! You may absolutely keep posting from your phone to your company or business profile. But if the reminders are too much and your busy schedule keeps getting busier – contact your scheduling provider to make sure your account is linked properly.
If you have any further questions that we can help with, don’t hesitate to give us a call, email, or ask us on Facebook!
Oh yeah, and don’t forget to follow us – @igvinc