With technology and things like social media overtaking our lives it’s no surprise that people are moving away from reading traditional articles and how-to guides and more towards video. Video has become so popular that Forbes deemed this year the year of video marketing. Just how popular has video gotten? It is predicted that by 2017 69% of all consumer internet traffic will be video. Currently about 100 million people watch videos online each day. Video marketing can have a huge positive affect on your company. 90% of online shoppers have said that video is helpful in making buying decisions and 64% of visitors to a website are more likely to purchase a product if there is a video on the site. They also tend to stay on websites with video about 2 minutes longer than one that has no video. Those numbers are huge and really show how much of an impact video marketing is having on today’s businesses. In fact 64% of marketers are expecting that video will dominate their strategies in the future. So how do you get started? Following are some quick tips on things to keep in mind while creating a video for your company
- Have a Video Plan and Schedule
- By having a plan and schedule in place for your video marketing you will be able to strategically release videos to match your marketing efforts rather than just posting one whenever you have one. This will allow things to be more organized and consistent for your marketing efforts.
- Include Call-to-Actions
- Make sure all videos have a clear call-to-action somewhere so you can keep your viewers interested in your company and hopefully convert viewers into customers. The call-to-action can be as simple as visit our website or click here for a free demonstration. The goal of a video call-to-action is to drive traffic back to your website and hopefully gain a sale.
- Make the Beginning of the Video Enticing
- Studies have shown that you have 10 seconds to grab a viewer’s attention and then they’ll decide if they want to keep watching or not. So your opening is crucial to your videos success make sure it’s reeling in your viewers and keeping them interested until the end.
- Include Your Users
- The user-generated content trend is growing so rather than always having your company post videos ask your users to. Consider running a contest where your users create videos of themselves using your products or services and then the best video wins some sort of prize. This will build goodwill with your company and really get your customers involved with your company more.
- Promote Your Videos
- Make sure that you don’t just post a video and then forget it. Share your video on social media, on your website and in email. The more you promote your video the more people will see it and the farther it will spread and hopefully generate more interest in your company which will lead to more sales.
Still on the fence about video? Keep in mind that it has been said that a picture is worth a thousand words, well video is said to be worth 1.8 million words! Think of the impact that video can have on your business and your customers. There are endless statistics showing that video is one of the best tools marketers can use today to reach their consumers. You don’t need to be a professional or in some cases even hire a professional. Video is a learning process and as you create more videos you will become better and understanding what goes into creating a great video. So go out and start filming today!