WordPress is a great tool to help small businesses and users create a custom website that is tailored to the specific users brand and preferences. Like many software programs WordPress and its third-party plugins will need occasional updates in order to improve the overall functionality of your site. These updates provide several benefits to your site:
- Increased security
- These updates patch any vulnerabilities your site may have developed and strengthen your website against any attacks. Many hackers watch for any release of WordPress updates and then start taking advantage of any vulnerabilities they learn of. By keeping your plugins and WordPress up-to-date it will minimize the chance of being taken advantage of by hackers.
- Fix any bugs on your site
- Sometimes when new updates and versions of WordPress are released bugs are caught later on as more people utilize the plugins. Similar to how your smart phones will have occasional system updates, the WordPress plugin updates will fix any bugs or functionality issues that may have not been caught before the original release.
- New site features and functionality
- Like any software program you will have occasional updates and upgrades that contain new features and make the software more functional and user friendly. These updates improve the overall performance of your site and will help to keep things running smoothly and efficiently.
Some people are concerned that updating their WordPress site will cause things to break and not work correctly on their site so they choose to not update, leaving them vulnerable to an attack by hackers. By leaving the up-date work to a technical professional many have the ease of mind that their site is up-to-date and working correctly. Interested in learning more about WordPress Maintenance? Contact IGV today for a free quote at 330-425-0922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.